I spent all my free time for a while assembling the i2 as close as possible to the original design, given the hardware, plastic parts I had and general spare hardware and electronics I had stored up for project parts.

After gaining a mechanical idea of how the printer worked, I made a few changes – I put the Y axis motor at the back, and flipped the X-carriage around to place the gears on the belt side. The only wiring in the front of the printer is the cable running to the print head.

I also formulated a frame-build method that produced a very accurate end product. My first build of the frame was less than square and I needed to go back and re-think how I was doing the assembly.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *